Successful financial planning
Personal Finance

5 Steps To Take To Jump-Start Your Financial Success

Lacey Hamilton hopes to attend the 2018 Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang, South Korea to cheer on the Canadian athletes. To save for the trip, the 22-year-old Mississauga resident drops spare change and $5 bills into a 0.9-litre mason jar that she empties into a savings account when it becomes full.

“I live on a cash diet as much as possible,” she says. “I find that’s the best way for me to not spend my money. If I break a $20 and I see a $5, I keep it. When I get home, I put the fives and the change in my jar.”  Read More…

Replies to this Post

1. Jerod W. says:

Hey, there’s always new tax heaven tricks one can do like incorporating a small business to help jump start financial success.

2. Hali G says:

I always recommend people just save a little into their RRSP. Since it is intentionally made hard to take out it is the sure way to make your money grow.

3. Constantine L says:

I live a bit miserly but sadly i don’t have much i can say in earnings 🙁

4. Heriberto H. says:

Saving in a jar like the lady does isn’t a good idea. I tried and it didnt work for me. It was best if it was in a place that was made more difficult to get at.

I find pre-auth automatic withdraws to be far better.

5. Amari L. says:

Not much i didn’t already know. The hardest part of all is just finding the desire to save. I applaud people for finding the motivation to do so.

6. Aspen S says:

Well Eric let’s just hope Trump doesn’t collapse it like other republicans in the past have because it will have a chain reaction up here in TSX.

7. Haden says:

Easier said than done. But thanks for the share.

8. Eric says:

That’s why the stock market exists. One has to take risks to make success.

9. Wilbur says:

And yet most Canadians are drowing in debt because of easy credit. What is their motivation to grow it if they are more interested in spending it?